Staying Healthy, Two Hands at a Time
Although we’ve washed our hands thousands of times, now is an especially good time to be as careful as a doctor. Scrubbing thoroughly for 40 to 60 seconds while going through each of these steps is one of the easiest ways you can stay healthy.
1. Wet hands with water
2. Apply enough soap to cover all hand surfaces
3. Rub hands palm to palm
4. Right palm over left dorsum with interlaced fingers and vice versa
5. Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
6. Backs of fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked
7. Rotational rubbing of left thumb clasped in right palm and vice versa
8. Rotational rubbing, backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm and vice versa
9. Rinse hands with water
10. Dry hands thoroughly with a single use towel
11. Use towel to turn off faucet
12. Your hands are now safe!
Guide provided by the World Health Organization.
Share this story: