Who We Are
For 125 years, VNA has delivered community-based care that provides peace of mind, quality of life and independence. We ensure expert care is available to all in the community.
On July 1, 2021, VNA transitioned home health and hospice operations to Amedisys, Inc., a national leader in home health, hospice and personal care, so that we can refocus on our historic mission of providing community-based care to those without resources. Under the terms of the agreement, home health and hospice services will be provided by Amedisys Home Health and AseraCare Hospice, an Amedisys Company.
This allows us to strengthen and expand our trusted community benefit services, including:
- Homeless shelter nursing services
- Parenting support
- Physician-directed mother and child services
- Flu and immunization services
- School nursing
- ENOA contract for home health personal care and homemaker services
- Easterseals Nebraska: Camp, AgrAbility, workforce development, affordable loan programs
- VNA Infusion Pharmacy
- Healing Motion Physical Therapy
How We Operate
The transition with Amedisys impacts the way VNA operates and raises funds to provide care to our community. VNA will provide care to all who need it through:
- The Endowment Fund: A Board restricted endowment fund will be available to cover a portion of VNA and Easterseals Nebraska (ESN) administrative and operational costs, which gives VNA sustainability over the long term.
- Contributing Revenue: Healing Motion Physical Therapy, the VNA Infusion Pharmacy, events like Art & Soup and flu clinics generate annual revenue. All contributing revenue is reinvested into VNA and ESN programs.
- Community Support: Our programming is driven by the generosity of this community, including fundraising events, grants and the support of donors, to continue providing meaningful care to those who depend on us. Community support is responsible for the majority of funding for VNA and ESN programs.
Our Path Forward
VNA and ESN’s next chapter will include new collaborative partnerships, programs and business development to reach even more people in need, all while continuing to be a trusted, expert resource to those we serve.
It is an honor to care for our community. Thank you for your support.