Responding to community need, Visiting Nurse Association to hold drive-thru flu shot clinic Dec. 10
What: In response to Nebraska flu rates being among the highest in the nation, Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) will be hosting a drive-thru flu immunization clinic on Dec. 10 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at VNA’s headquarters, 12565 W. Center Rd.
Flu shots will also be administered in the front lobby for those who prefer being indoors. Pricing and insurance coverage information follows at the end of this release.
Members of the greater Omaha community who have not yet received a flu shot are highly encouraged to attend. No appointment is necessary and everyone who receives a flu shot during the drive-thru clinic can enter to win a $500 gift card from Nebraska Furniture Mart.
Flu season officially began in October, and getting vaccinated continues to be important as we navigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and slow the impact of winter illness on healthcare services, said Sandy Spicciati, VNA’s Vice President of Health Services.
So far in 2022, VNA has immunized 9,672 people against the flu, meeting the increasing demand for easily accessible flu vaccines. Last year that number exceeded 10,500 people.
Where: VNA Headquarters, 12565 W. Center Rd.
- Quadrivalent flu shot (6 months and older): $35*
- FluMist (2-49 years): $40*
- High dose/senior flu shot (65 years and older): $75*
*Pricing for health savings account (HSA) card, cash, check and credit card payment only.
Other payment options:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska*
- Traditional Medicare Part B*
- Railroad Medicare Part B*
- HSA, cash, check or credit card
*Must be the primary insurance. Exceptions may apply. If you have any questions about what your plan covers, please call the 800 number on the back of your insurance card. VNA is unable to accept UnitedHealthcare Plans, Medicaid or Medicare Advantage Plans.
Things to know before you attend: To ensure your time at the drive-thru flu immunization clinic runs smoothly and efficiently, please complete the following three items before your visit:
- Complete a consent form. Print the completed form and bring it with you to the clinic along with your insurance card, if applicable. Forms will also be available at the site.
- Wear a shirt that provides easy access to your shoulder area so VNA nurses can administer your immunization quickly and easily.
Share this article: