Back to all news

How can I donate a gift of appreciated stock?

October 19, 2020 | Emspace + Lovgren

If the shares are currently held in an account, you will need to contact the custodian of that account and identify the specific shares you want to donate, provide them with Visiting Nurse Association’s Gifting Account information and follow their procedures to complete the process.

If you are in possession of the physical stock certificates, you are able to deposit them into Visiting Nurse Association’s Gift Account by completing a Stock Power form, which can be provided by the gift account’s custodian.

If you are considering a Qualified Charitable Distribution Gift from your Individual Retirement Account, you must be 70 ½ or older and taking required minimum distributions from your Individual Retirement Account.

Share this article:

Back to all news